Benefits of Our Triple Extraction Process over Powdered Dry Biomass
Extraction unlocks the mushrooms! We use triple extraction to unlock maximum bioavailability. Fungi cell walls are made of chitin, a modified form of cellulose, which makes unlocking these beneficial molecules difficult in the raw or cooked form (think about ruminants needing to chew their cud). They form a tensile and robust core scaffold to which a variety of proteins and superficial components with fibrous and gel-like carbohydrates form polymers, making a strong and flexible cell wall. The cell wall is a fantastic feature for the fungi in its natural state but not very good for humans trying to unlock their potential.
Triple extraction process:
- Mushrooms are fermented, to make the polysaccharides, triterpenoids, and alkaloids more accessible.
- Next, we perform a hot water extraction, because polysaccharides are water soluble.
- Finally, 90 days in alcohol draws the nonpolar triterpenoids out.
- It takes around 100 days to make a tincture!
- No gluten, no GMO’s, no pesticides or herbicides
- Mushrooms are certified wild crafted and/or organic!